The Lost Found

This simple box in the faculty room is the lost and found.

Whenever you lose something, whether it be a shirt, pair of shoes, a necklace, or anything, most of the time it gets sent to the lost and found. The lost and found is an area of the school where the lost items of students go. Most schools have a room dedicated to the lost and found, however, Cross Creek has a measly two boxes, both filled with random items to the brim. Items include random pieces of cough drops and gum, shorts, one glove, a brush, old cookies, or a tie.

People generally lose a lot of different items. One item we found in the lost and found was a bronze elephant charm. It was not connected to a chain or anything. Another item was an entire backpack with multiple binders and books inside. There were dozens of jackets. There were even pairs pants in the boxes. There was old food and even a few dead bugs. You couldn’t imagine what you would find in the lost and found.

Many students that attend the school are unaware we even have a lost and found. Students aren’t informed that there is even a lost and found. Rodrick Dowling, a student at Cross Creek High School, lost several things while attending the school. He lost hats, money, and bags. He would have checked the lost and found, but he didn’t even know the school had one. “If I actually knew the school had a lost and found, or if they announced it, maybe I could have got my stuff back.” Tejuan Jones lost his hat at school and didn’t know there was a lost and found either. “Maybe if I knew where it was, I could have got it back.” he said. It is obvious that the school has not done much involving the lost and found considering it is the teacher’s lounge and has made no recent announcements about it.