Nos vamos a divertir. (We are going to have fun)

Cross Creek celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month

Flags adorn the hallway of Cross Creek for Hispanic Heritage Month.

Staff Photo

Have you noticed the different flags hanging from the ceiling in the main hall?

Cross Creek Razorbacks are really getting into Hispanic Heritage Month this year.

Hispanic Heritage Month is from September 15 – October 15.

Cross Creek high is thriving with many beautiful and colorful flowers in the main hall that were made by students in their spanish class.

The different flags hanging in the main hall are from different Hispanic-based states located in the U.S such as Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominican Republic and many others.

You may hear some Spanish music or you might even hear students give an essay about Hispanic heritage month everyday on the morning announcements.

Some students are even excited about the hispanic festival that is coming up on October 10-12 in Downtown, Augusta.

Hispanics from all around come pay $4 just to go to this festival to enjoy the music, food, and just the time together with friends.

Some Spanish teachers are thinking about giving extra credit to those who go to the Hispanic festival and prove they went by taking a picture, bringing a souvenir or even just finding their teachers at the event.

“I encourage all students to go out to the hispanic festival to see the different cultures and just get a feel of something new.” said Sr. Alvarnaz.

“I’m not Hispanic, but I go to the Hispanic festival every year and I enjoy tasting the different foods, listening to the catchy music and just observing how Hispanics enjoy their time as they all come together as one.” said junior Dennis Gordon.

Cross Creek Razorbacks are really getting into hispanic heritage month this year.

Hispanic heritage month is from September 15 – October 15.

The different flags hanging in the main hall are from different Hispanic based states located in the U.S such as Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominican Republic and many others.

You may hear some Spanish music or you might even hear students give an essay about hispanic heritage month everyday on the morning announcements.

Some students are even excited about the Hispanic festival that is coming up on October 10-12 in downtown Augusta.

Some Spanish teachers are thinking about giving extra credit to those who go to the hispanic festival and prove they went by taking a picture, bringing a souvenir or even just finding their teachers at the event.

“I encourage all students to go out to the Hispanic festival to see the different cultures and just get a feel of something new.” said Sr. Alvarnaz.