New Security System

Tamera Mosley

A new security system requires visitors to show photo I.D.s before being admitted

Tamera Mosley, Staff Writer

A new security system has been installed at Cross Creek with the goal of making the school a safer place for students and staff.

Now, in order to get into the front doors after the bell rings, students and staff have to ring a door bell and show their I.D.

Out of all the high schools Cross Creek has the least police reports and we are the most populated.”

— School resource officer Pitt

There are more cameras installed and teachers at the end of each hall keep the doors locked.

Following several bomb threats at the school over the past few weeks, teachers and staff are more serious about protecting our school.

The system in the front was installed about a week ago.

“It’s is a one way camera device where the ladies in the front office can see who’s at the door and buzz them in if they have proper I.D.,” said school resource officer Pitt. “It is not anywhere else yet, but it’s going to be. It’s going to be on every door that leads to the outside.”

Pitt said there are more parts to the security system, but he isn’t disclosing them.

He added that more attention will also be given to making sure back doors on hallways remain closed and locked between class changes. Up until now, it has been common for students to open the back doors for students who knocked.

Pitt acknowledged that people from outside the school used to try to enter the school. That doesn’t happen anymore, he said.

“Most people know that I do not tolerate foolishness and they don’t come anymore,” Pitt said. “We used to have people that would come that were associated with various groups. They don’t come anymore.

“Out of all the high schools Cross Creek has the least police reports and we are the most populated.”