An Aquinas student’s first week at Cross Creek

Je'Kevia Brown

Khamron Gordon, a junior, recently came to Cross Creek from Aquinas High School

Khamron Gordon, Staff Writer

My first week at cross creek high school is basically the same as Aquinas. The differences from the two schools would be the dress code, lunch, education and also the religious aspects throughout the school.

For dress code at Aquinas, boys have to wear Aquinas polo shirts tucked inside their Khaki pants/shorts. If you want to wear a jacket it has to be a green sweater or fleece jacket. Girls have to wear Aquinas collared shirt and a blue and green plaid skirt the appropriate length to where it’s not too short or Khaki pants. At Cross Creek, we can wear t-shirts tucked in Jeans, Khakis pants or shorts.

The lunch at Aquinas cost $4. Aquinas’ lunch is provided by Piccadilly. At Cross Creek, lunch is free for all students.

I feel like the teachers at Cross Creek actually try to help you when you’re failing or not being successful in education, even if you don’t ask for help.”

— Khamron Gordon

The education at Aquinas is slightly different from Cross Creek. At Aquinas, class sizes are smaller, they don’t use workbooks, and all classes are either college prep or AP/Honors. They have eight periods including lunch, and after third period they always go to homeroom.  Cross Creek has bigger class sizes than Aquinas because there are more students at Cross Creek. I feel like the teachers at Cross Creek actually try to help you when you’re failing or not being successful in education, even if you don’t ask for help.

At Aquinas, they have a big focus on religion. They have a school priest and also have a room where you can pray and have peace. They have about four classes that share beliefs of the Catholic Church and the meaning of Catholicism. Before every class period, they say a prayer.  Once a month, in the morning, they have something called mass. Mass is no different from church; it’s just inside a school building.