Whew, that happened

A freshman looks back at her first year of high school.

Terry Lawrence

Is there a difference between high school and middle school?

Yes. In fact, it’s been one of the biggest changes in my life.

With high school you get more responsibilities, more grades, and more stress . High school’s not all bad. You have more freedom and you get to sit wherever you want at lunch, and more.

But with that freedom, comes responsibilities.

In high school you must always do your work and pay attention to keep your grades up. Teachers are always there for help, but they won’t baby you.

When you come to high school, you’re a young adult, and that’s the way they treat you.

The first day I walked into Cross Creek, I was so confused and lost. When I got off the bus that morning, I didn’t know where to go. I kind of just stood there and started following people into the lunchroom.

A few days later I made friends and started standing outside, talking and just hanging out.

Finding my way around school was very hard at first. I walked in the wrong class a few times. Once I got the hang of it, I started meeting friends in between classes. You have to move fast though, because you have only five minutes and will get tardies. Tardies are bad, and can land you in In School Suspension, or worse.

High school is a new experience for every freshman. Some people find it fun, hard, stressful, or easy as pie. It really depends on you and how you take it. As long as you listen, do your work and pay attention you can make it. You have teachers, friends, and other people to help one the way to. Just always do you best and try your hardest.

As for me, I’m glad I’m going to tenth grade and happy I won’t be a freshman next year.