Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Smith

Ms.+Smith

Savannah Parsons

Ms. Smith

Savannah Parsons, Staff Writer

Ever wonder who was behind the Cross Creek fashion shows? Well, it’s none other than the Fashion Merchandising/Marketing Principles teacher, Ms. Smith.

You’ll usually find her on the 100 hall in the 100 class teaching kids about marketing their lives and marketing their fashion skills.

Smith has devoted her time to teaching her student’s things they’ll actually need in the real world, unlike a lot of the classes provided here but it all depends on the career you want in the future.

She started teaching at Cross Creek in December of 2010. She came from a school in Cobb County after working there for two years.

Ms. Smith also teaches the Digital and Web Design Pathway, “We’re hoping to get the 3D Animation Pathway, which is really exciting.” Smith said, “It’s really a desired field right now.”

I would always seek out opportunities to learn new things…not knowing eventually I would help somebody with that skill.”

— Ms. Smith

Smith uses knowledge from all her past jobs and incorporates them into her teaching. She’s had jobs from federal government jobs to technical jobs. But after one of her company jobs, she realized her love for teaching. “After having to train the new employees on how to complete different tasks, I really enjoyed that, teaching new-comers what to do” says Smith.

Smith says “I would always seek out opportunities to learn new things…not knowing eventually I would help somebody with that skill.”

In her previous district she taught Computer Applications, but when she came to the Creek there was already a teacher in that spot, so she jumped into the Fashion Merchandising Pathway and realized just how interesting that industry was.

Smith stresses to her students that this pathway opens a lot of doors for a lot of people with job opportunities.

If you haven’t taken her marketing class, fashion merchandising class, or her digital and web design class, I really suggest you do. You’ll learn a lot and have fun while doing it, which is a pretty good deal.