Seniors prepare to enter the world

Marquita Facyson plans to attend Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in the fall.

Anijah Gordon, Staff Writer

With just eight months left at Cross Creek, some seniors are excited to meet the challenges of the world, while others are sad about leaving.

“It takes hard work to get anywhere that you want to be,” said senior Vincent Brown.

Over his high school years Brown has learned that focusing on other things beside school work would not take him anywhere.

After high school the senior would like to major in photography. One of the battles he faces as a senior is staying focused on his school work and maintaining his GPA.

“As a senior I am getting ready to graduate, so I don’t wanna do any work,” Brown said.

For most seniors keeping their grades up so they can graduate in time seems to be one of their biggest problems, but for Eastoria Darley it is the least.

“Enjoy your high school years as much as you can,” advises Darley.

The senior class president and varsity cheerleader said that one thing she will miss after graduation is being a child and enjoying her freedom. She is also proud of herself for winning miss freshman 2012 -2013. When asked what she likes about Cross Creek she said the environment and the fact that it gives off a homely feeling.

“Something I learned at Cross Creek is problem solving, how to react to situations and how to handle them in a professional and better manner,” Eastoria said “I am ready for the next step after high school.”

“I am going to miss hanging out with my friends after high school,” said Caleb Avret “but not so much the school work.”

The baseball captain is excited knowing this is his last year at Cross Creek. He is worried that he won’t be given the chance to play baseball in college.

When asked one of the pressures he faces as a senior he said being a leader, stepping up and showing the underclassmen how to do things right. After high school the senior would like to Georgia Regents University and major in nursing.

Nakwan Taylor is proud that he has had the chance to play sports in high school. The senior’s experience has been great at Cross Creek. He said the only challenge he faces is the senior project.

“Once I had gotten used to the school I made lots of friends and they showed me around,” said Nakwan.

“After high school I am going to join the Air Force and become a Mental Health Service Specialist to set my career in Psychology,” said Nakwan.

Not all seniors plan on going to college but Marquita Facyson plans on going to Florida Agricultural & M

Nakwan Taylor plans to attend the air force after high school.

echanical University in the fall.

When asked what she liked about Cross Creek Marquita said the rules and guidelines.

“I like that they are strict on dress code and academics,” said Facyson.

The Varsity Cheerleader said she had learned how to better conduct herself and how to address situations.

“I am ready to graduate,” said Marquita, “but I am going to miss the teachers and my friends and coming to school.”