Is College Really Worth The Cost??

Back to Article
Back to Article

Is College Really Worth The Cost??

Tiana Deeds, Staff Writer

For most high school students their journey doesn’t stop at high school, they often continue down their path of education with College.

“Where are you going to college” is the question most peers ask each other rather than “What are you doing after high school” like it’s this unspoken truth that they all go to college.

NEWS FLASH not everyone goes to college immediately after high school or at all for that matter

Many students are skeptical to the real worth of college, because let’s be honest if you’re spending thousands upon thousands on a college education you want to make sure it’s at least worth it.

Many students make the executive decision to go to college because they feel it’s necessary and that they have no other options.

But is that really the case?

In schools the two options presented most to students are either college and the military. This leaves students with a sense of uncertainty feeling that the only way they’ll be able to succeed is if they take one of these two paths.

Many college students realize years and thousands of dallars in debt  later, that college isn’t for them.

Senior, Janelle Baker, doesn’t necessarily buy into the antics that colleges promote.

Janelle personally feels that college is not something you just jump into “It will take me a couple of years to be mentally prepared” she says.

As of after graduation she feels that her next step to achieving her goals is entering into the Army.

While many scream college is the way to success Janelle says “Bill Gates didn’t go to college”.  Proving the point that college isn’t necessarily necessary for success. Dr.Price agrees with Janelle saying “There are many avenues to sucess in life”

Dr.Price feels that students don’t really know what they want to do for the rest of their life at such a young age he says ” I don’t even know what I want to do for the rest of my life after I retire.”