Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Peake

Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Peake

Christian-Elijah Santiago

• Name: Gail Peake
  • Teaching Career: Twenty years. Glenn Hills Middle for seven years, came to Cross Creek in ’03 and left in ’08; taught at A.R. Johnson for 3 years, then came back to Cross Creek.
  • Favorite class to Teach: Painting. “I love to paint. It’s just my area.”
  • Would you rather teach high school or middle school?: “High school is my favorite to teach. I get to do a lot of things I enjoyed to do in college. Plus, high school students are supposed to be more mature.”
  • Favorite subject when in school: Any kind of art. It wasn’t offered in high school, only in middle school. Majored in Art at Augusta College and got her bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in Education.
  • Family:  Married to Roy. Four kids: Amanda, 18; Alex, 17; Sydney, 9; and  Kellen, 8.
  • Family fun: Movies, Augusta Market, get frozen yogurt.
  • Hobbies: Painting, shopping, and baking. “Baking relaxes me. Dark chocolate is my favorite food. I love lying in bed and watching NCIS, CSI – all of those criminal investigation shows.”
  • What did you do during summer?: Clean, paint, redecorate house, walk in the park, mainly stuff around the house.
  • Would you rather be a teacher or a student?: “Teacher! I never want to go back there!”
  • What is the best part of teaching?: “When I see a student later in life doing something art related and they tell me I was their inspiration.”