Cross Creek junior to hit the big stage

McKenzie Clark making her big-stage debut

Staff Photo

Have you ever wanted to experience the feeling of having the spotlight on stage?

Well a junior atCross Creek high School, McKenzie Rae Clark, can soon say she has experienced that moment.

Clark makes her big stage debut Saturday in the musical play “Stolen Lives,” which made a one-day showing at the Imperial Theatre in downtown Augusta this afternoon and evening.

stolen lives resized

In the play, Clark’s part is that of an 18-year-old girl who is forced into the human trafficking trade at the age of 16 after running away from home.

The play, produced by Raisin AJ Productions, focuses on the human trafficking trade. The main character, Chasity Cross, is raised in Augusta by her grandmother, Celeste. Like most teens, Chasity becomes rebellious. On her 16th birthday, after an argument with her grandmother, she runs away. Chasity meets Tina, another runaway, who introduces her to Cachous “Cash” King. Cash is known in Atlanta for forcing young girls into the crazy world of human trafficking.

“It’s an honor to be able to be in this play,” Clark said. “I’m very lucky for this to be my first big job.”

Clark said it is a little weird being the only high school student in the production, but she believes she can handle the pressure. Clark has been acting for four years. She has performed in plays like High School Musical 1 and High School Musical 2.

Acting is not the only talent Clark has. She has been singing for 10 years and hopes to participate in Glee club and also enter the medical profession after graduation. Clark says her parents are very supportive in her activities and her mother is her biggest influence.

Clark’s favorite type of music is gospel, because she believes it makes people live better

lives.

“Stolen Lives will be performed at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16, at the Imperial Theatre, 749 Broad St. in Augusta. Tickets are 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. tickets are $18 and $27.